Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:31:44 -0700
Hi All
    Tom mentioned if there was a product that would help with bee stings
when working with bare hands.
     I have tried several things with nature in mind. Yesterday I was
working with a baseball cap to keep bees out of my hair, a short sleeve
shirt, Levies and no gloves. I first used some grass that I rubbed on my
open skin. Then I exhaled my breath in a direction away from the hive and
breathed low and slow. Lifted the cover slowly, sprayed sugar water as I
went in. This worked quite well. I did get stung once from a hive that was a
little nasty. I stepped away, rubbed more grass on, making sure that I
covered the sting spot and went back to work, I showed no fear and I'm not
that brave, but wanted to see if it could be done. I say yes.
    The more we can stay away from chemicals, the better off we will be.

Joe McManus
Loving You Honey Farms
Bremerton, WA. USA