From:
Fernando Esteban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2015 11:43:04 -0300
Christina
Thanks for your complete answer.

you wrote:
"Acids cause tissue damage (as do bases) because they interfere with protein
function or destroy proteins outright."

I agree with this.

Looking for a kinetic of varroa killing with the solution described I made
some experiments that I wrote answering to Mr. Richard Cryberg

Suppose varroa is sucking  the Glyceryl mono oxalate from the chitin hairs
of the bees as it does with other liquids from the same bee. Solvatation of
the product, Could it be a "slow" reaction because of size of the anion?
Then it could occur inside the mite whit enough water to solvatation. By
this way many interactions with proteins and tissues could be occur.

best regards
fernando
Córdoba, Arg