Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 06:32:13 -0700
Hi Ya'll.....Yesterday I inspected my frames for the 1st time and I
have a question. On one of the frames the bees have built a comb that
hangs over the comb built on the foundation. The bees can crawl in
between and work, but I can't do a visual inspection. Only four out of
ten frames are being used but it looked like workers where walking all
over checking things out. I never saw the queen but I did see some
developing bees in the comb so she must be healthy. Should I let the
"wild Comb" go or try and take it off? Why would the bees do this?.
These are the same ones who built over the top of the frame and
connected to the inside cover. Maybe I have a hive of comb
artist.....Thanks for your advice.

                                                 Dave