From:
Kirk Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 18:41:39 -0400
>Kirk Jones wrote:
>>
>> >Someone on sci.agriculture.beekeeping asked about a simple method to wire
>> >frames.  Here is my cheap and lazy technique, which usually works without
>> >trouble:
>>
>> The way I handle wiring frames is by not wiring at all. Just pop in beeswax
>> coated foundation.
>
>Hi Kirk,
>How long beekeeping? Do you Extract? How many hives?
>Beeing your friend

Hi Mr. "beeing"

I've been doing the bee thing for about 17 years. We run about 3,000 or
better in Michigan,USA. We are using a Cook & Beals horizontal extracting
system with the Bogey uncapper and conveyor system. Cappings are handled
with a heat exchanger and spin-float. The spin float is totally cool.

A note on the thread of honey house design. There was some discussion of
multiple stories and I can see the merit, but...I like the one level plan
for material handling. IMHO, the benefits outweigh the costs of pumps to
move the honey.

        * Sleeping Bear Apiaries/Kirk Jones    (616)882-4456 *
        * BeeDazzled Candleworks/Sharon Jones  (616)882-7765 *
        *            email    [log in to unmask]               *