From:
Ari Seppälä <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2016 09:00:26 +0300
Peter Loring Borst kirjoitti 2016-04-04 17:48:
>> As I said in a previous post, I had 400 or so hives
>> irradiated, put fresh bees into the equipment and
>> they soon broke down with chalkbrood.

This is along my experience. In Finland it is common to shake swarm AFB
hives. The treated hives show supricingly often chalkbrood, and it must
come with bees as nothing else is transferred to the new hive from old.

I think it breaks out so easily because bees have hard time starting
from just foundations in the new hive. Its interesring that same
happened with irradiated that are drown combs.

Ari Seppälä
Finland