From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 22:19:54 -0700
Eunice Wonnacott wrote:

> Roy:
> .
>     Take off your watch before you approach them.   It is surprising how
> that simple bit of courtesy for their home will pay off in quieter bees!
>
>  I really enjoy these posts.  One of the great parts of beekeeping is the
> fellowship among beekeepers.
>
> Hello Eunice and All,

 I found that one should be in an open state of mind and calm. Today was
too much shake rattle and roll. Pulling honey is a little hard on the bees.
It was warm 80 F + and a major flow is on right now. So it could have been
worse
on the bees.
I wound up doing more beekeeping than pulling honey. Bees all over the front
of there hives.
I gave them more air and room. Pulled queen cells. So a 2 hour job lasted 5
hours.
 You have to do what they need. That's the bottom line.
 I think all real beekeepers love what they do. Some beehavers think it is
just book work
to gain knowledge. I know Dee knows what She is doing. Some can not be
explained. I doubt
that there is any one thing that is going on with Her bees. Some people want
it explained in Black and white..
Sorry , beekeeping is an art also. It comes from the other side of the human
brain. So see what works for you and take as much input as possible.  This is
a good place to get knowledge. I should say, ideas. When it comes to bees,
the water is very deep and you can't see the bottom. That is why so much of
this is opinion.
Beekeepers are wonderful people. They have to understand a lot about nature.
Its not a lego set , where everything fits.
 Best Regards
Roy