From:
Andy Nachbar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 00:46:29 -0700
At 06:31 PM 10/16/97 -1000, Walter Patton wrote:
>A major west coast packer offered this week 60 cents per pound and said
>a major US national packer coop had messed up the whole US market.

Must bee "sour honey" from that major Left Coast packer as Sue Bee the only
national packer and a producer run CO-OP has been buying domestic honey in
California outside of what their members produce for .65 cents US for ex lt
amber, alfalfa-cotton- fall wildflower, at the bee ranch.

I wonder if this is the same packer who has been sending fax's around
saying that the Sue Bee CO-Op is buying millions of pounds of honey from
China? Must bee it is not working out so good for him as now he is seeking
honey at distress prices.

Could this have anything to do with that honey from Mexico that is said to
be contaminated with a agricultural chemical used by beekeepers, and
normally used by these Left Coast (honey) packers?

>Is veryone ready for the national honey board to start collecting .01
>cents/lb from the producer as well as the first handler. Thats whats going to
>happen.

If it does happen then look for the carpet pile to increase in the NHB
offices. Also look for multi language Honey Cook Books not only in Spanish
but also Chinese.

IMHO, ttul, the OLd Drone
Honrey Sue Member