Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2013 08:38:56 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
I was happily reading this post and looking forward to the output until this statement. What possible effects can eg. religion have on beekeeping I wonder? Sensible answers only please...

Now turning to my winter loss at 1/25 when we are hearing in the UK of losses around 70-90% amongst some commercial/larger beekeepers within a county or so in more than one direction. My apiaries are in a totally rural area, none close to a town: how on earth could my losses be down to being female or otherwise? Or is there a "light-hearted" implication (get out clause here) that female beekeepers are less able, therefore handing them what you take to be better forage (urban) equals things up a bit? So your probably, even if just "for fun" needs a bit more explanation...

....got a new river running down our hillside this morning as the weather turned from light rain on a couple of days for the rest of the month into regular deluges. Back to proving what my bees are made of once again: only nucs will be lightly fed if need be. Reasons to be cheerful? Diminishing!

Trisha, UK

<Date:    Tue, 14 May 2013 12:22:05 +0000
Subject: Re: 5 types of starvation

.........If I had to bet on good additional questions for bee survey I would bet on things like age/income of beek, religion/education of beek. When playing with this for fun we find gender effects, women beek have lower loss, but they are rare and prolly sex of beek is associated with habitat. More female beek in urban areas with more flowers>

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2