From:
trisha marlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2013 08:38:56 +0100
I was happily reading this post and looking forward to the output until this statement. What possible effects can eg. religion have on beekeeping I wonder? Sensible answers only please...

Now turning to my winter loss at 1/25 when we are hearing in the UK of losses around 70-90% amongst some commercial/larger beekeepers within a county or so in more than one direction. My apiaries are in a totally rural area, none close to a town: how on earth could my losses be down to being female or otherwise? Or is there a "light-hearted" implication (get out clause here) that female beekeepers are less able, therefore handing them what you take to be better forage (urban) equals things up a bit? So your probably, even if just "for fun" needs a bit more explanation...

....got a new river running down our hillside this morning as the weather turned from light rain on a couple of days for the rest of the month into regular deluges. Back to proving what my bees are made of once again: only nucs will be lightly fed if need be. Reasons to be cheerful? Diminishing!

Trisha, UK