Date:
Fri, 10 May 2013 07:18:16 -0700
“First of all, I doubt whether you guys really agree about the solutions to this so-called problem.”

You are at least partially correct, Pete. Bob is of the opinion that bees are taking significant losses due to neonic treatment of corn. I feel that bees have problems with corn only where it’s planted fencerow to fencerow, to the detriment of other forage. Which makes one wonder why the bees are there in the first place, as bees cannot live on corn alone!

“I find it odd that so many of the dyed in the wool anti-government people are clamoring for more regulations when it comes to their pet peeve. Do you really want the government to control all of the ‘environmental, energy and farm policy’?”

Clearly, I have not been active enough on this list if you think I’m clamoring for more government regulation! I am a libertarian who believes that most economic problems stem from TOO MUCH government involvement. Growing corn for ethanol is just one example. This policy was justified in the name of energy independence, helping the environment and saving the family farmer, but like many government programs it accomplishes none of the above while spending billions of taxpayer dollars.

I was being facetious (I thought obviously so) with the suggestion that U.S. beekeepers enlist Uncle Sam to force people to use their product.

“We're actually a Constitutional Republic …”
Sadly, Jeremy, that is no longer the case. These types of policies were expressly prohibited by the 10th Amendment while the Constitution was still in force.

Eugene Makovec
Missouri USA