Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 1994 15:15:33 -0500
[any discussion of this should bee moved to private email -- i just couldn't
let this fly by without commenting on its possible fruition   --jzp]

> For one thing, it's NOT A MAILING LIST.  It's a USENET NEWS GROUP.  This
> means no esoteric knowledge of its existance is needed, you don't have email
> cluttering up your box if you're only a casual occasional reader, and ITS[sic]
> A **USENET NEWS** group,
[clipped]
jane, duplication is a major no-no in usenut.  any even casual reader of
news.groups can tell that.   I predict responses in the range of "why not just
gate your mailing list" [extremely common -- ever see the bit.listserv
heirarchy?] to "are you proposing 'rec.bees'?" and the proposal falling flat on
its face, and then MORE non-tech people KNOWING about your precious royal
jelly, BEE-L.

> Getting tired of explaining Usenet News...
...getting tired of seeing it done wrong...

joe provo

Disclaimer: "I'm the only one foolish enough to claim these opinions as mine."
[log in to unmask]         [log in to unmask]            [log in to unmask]
[log in to unmask]               Rev. Dkr. Nick LaRG0, ASC, BBB
   Russell Street UN*X Consultations and Development      (NIC handle: JZP)