From:
Eugene Makovec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 11:02:41 -0700
--- Sharon Labchuk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Balance?  The balance is completely and utterly
skewed toward the Earth
Destroyers.  With billions of dollars spent every year
on propagnda
(advertising, infommercials, scientists-for-rent) by
corportaions, and
with
their control of the corporate media, where is the
balance?

I have to disagree with your point about the media.
Unfortunately, much of the media relies on
sensationalism to boost its ratings, so any time an
environmental group (mainstream or otherwise) cries
wolf about some perceived eco-scare, the media tend to
give it wide play.  (Witness coverage of Alar,
milkweed monarchs, and arsenic in water.)  But when
things settle down and the truth simmers out, what was
a front-page headline becomes a page-47 retraction.

I guess this makes me another "Earth Destroyer", but
I'd also like to point out that many executives of the
big environmental organizations are earning six-figure
incomes and living in very nice digs, not in cabins
with solar power and organic gardens as you might
expect.
Now excuse me while I finish pouring my waste oil in
the river. :)