From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2011 21:30:53 -0400
Hello,

The evidence for the founding
date was uncovered in an 1871
issue of ABJ.

=====Start article=====

Source:
The American Bee Journal
June, 1871
Page 273
http://books.google.com/books?id=Dca4AAAAIAAJ&pg=PA273#v=onepage&q&f=false

The article titled:
'Things Past, Present, and Future'

(Last Paragraph)

"We have organized a bee-keepers' association,
and would like to have the address of bee-keepers
in the State; also a statement of condition,
progress, &c. Address,
-O. C. Waite, Secretary of Association
West Georgia, Vt., May 2, 1871"

=====end article=====

Records show, during this time,
O.C. Waite was the secretary for the
Vermont State Beekeepers and held a chair
on the Vermont Agriculture Board, which
supports that the above inquiry by Waite
is in regard to a state beekeepers association,
as opposed to a county association.

An Officer of the Vermont Beekeepers
Association recently contacted me
expressing thanks.
...and also to to say that they now have
a small problem...

"We'll have to change our logo which now reads:"

VERMONT BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION
Since 1886
Celebrating our 125th Anniversary… 1886-2011

Happy 140th Anniversary!
Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricalHoneybeeArticles/