Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 2015 03:47:44 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)

> Does Dr. Millstein answer the question she poses? I'd be interested in hearing the conclusion she comes to. 

Reading the link posted IMO its worse than that,  although she seems to be in her own words  "open minded"  the text indicates she is far from it.   Not anything in there positive at all  really,  and some really weak grasp at straws against.   One for ecamle she claims  31% of the food is wasted,  ficticious number in the discussion at hand.  The GM in general is directed at row crops,  no where near that volume of row crops goes to waste,  Fresh food  I hear it is high,  but grains wouldn't approach that number.
She also makes it a point to link GMO to farmer suicided in India... leave no stone unturned when casting aspersions!.... not a single word about how GMO may save us from needing more ground to feed an ever hungry world.  Not much of a comment on increased yields,  in fact she poh pohs it .....  hardly an objective opionin.
Its funny these "types" want assurances that GMO is 100% safe,  we can't even decide if salt is good for you,  or how much macdonalds is allowed.   
Right now I am in CA,  where resteraunts that grill meat have signs that say it may cause cancer......  You can never prove what they want proven.
in a well balanced diet?  in moderation?  as a complete meal?  proving something is "safe" is imposible as there is always some doubt, or some instance that its not.

Charles
Charles

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2