Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2012 19:31:08 -0500
<Lelsi said: I was in Chamonix, Switzerland a few years ago. Take a look
at old pictures
of Mont Blac from the 20s versus today.>

Same here in Montana at Glacier National Park.  USGS web page (link  below)
has historic photos.  Article on front page of  our paper  today, robins
are moving through, weeks ahead of dates when the large  groups of robins used
to appear in Missoula.

The retreat of the Glaciers in the Park as shown by these  photos is
dramatic: _http://nrmsc.usgs.gov/repeatphoto/_
(http://nrmsc.usgs.gov/repeatphoto/)

Glaciers are predicted to be completely gone by 2030.

One can argue about what may be causing 'Global Warming', but its hard to
argue that its not happening when you look at something like this.

When I was growing up in my state, I never imagined I'd see a day when
Glacier Park had no Glaciers.  I'm likely  to witness it.

Jerry