Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:31:38 EDT
Well said, Scott.

Every day, people buy Cadillacs or Mercedes.  Ford and Chevrolet have not put
them out of business.

Every day, people go to a local FAIR and  pay $1.50 for a  coke.  Every day,
people go to some sports event like a professional football game, basketball
game or, baseball
game and pay $3.50 for a  hot dog.

In the past 5-10 years, I have never sold a single pound of honey for less
than
$3.50/pound, $4.50 for sourwood or tupelo, $5.00 for a 12 ounce Cut comb,
$4.50 for
12 ounces of creamed honey,  $3.50 for a 3 ounce beeswax rose, and $8 for a
pair of
10 inch dipped candles.  One of my biggest sellers at Christmas time is 6 one
ounce
jars of 6 different honeys in a wooden rack for $7.50 which figures $20.00/pd!
Customers buy these for Christmas presents and the receivers learn all about
6 different honeys, and some come back to me to buy as NEW customers.

Don't pay the slightest attention to the price in the grocery store or other
beekeepers prices.  Sell a quality product with a quality label at a quality
price.

By the way, I sell over 6000 pounds each year which sure adds to my social
security
check.

I will end with a statement of importance:  I have never sold a single jar of
honey in my life; but I sell the DESIRE to have some of George's honey
because George's honey is so high class and special.

George Imirie
EAS Master Beekeeper
Ending my 69th year of beekeeping in Maryland