From:
Kelley Rosenlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 1995 11:04:59 -0400
I have 2 hives at my home. Yesterday evening (5:45) I came home with several
supers of honey in the bed of my truck. At 7:30 there were a bunch of bees
around the truck (of course!). I moved my truck several yards late last
night in hopes I would be able to leave for work this morning with few hitch
hikers. At 7:15 this morning there was a BUNCH of bees where my truck was. A
few had found where I had moved my truck.

My question is this: When a source of nectar/pollen is removed, do the bees
tell the rest of the hive NOT to go there or do the bees just have to find
out on their own?

God Bless,
Kelley Rosenlund
Gainesville, Fla. U.S.A., 32 hives