From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 09:44:15 -0700
Just wanted to let members here know, I talked to Joyce
Aten last night about the passing of her husband Dan Aten
who was known by many beekeepers, having run an operation
in Calif prior to his retirement of 5,000 to 7,000 plus
colonies. He was an active member of the Calif State
Beekeepers Association and interfaced with many researchers
to.

Dan died early this past Wednesday morning. Joyce informed
me that Dan had been in the hospital for 9 days and then in
a nursing home for 5 weeks. Also, that he had wanted to die
for 2 or 3 years because he could no longer do the things
that he wanted to do with his bees.  It was a relief for
him and also for me she told me. The family will be having
a graveside service in Madera, CA. on Fri. the 28th. and a
memorial service later at the church the familiy attends in
Or. Joyce can be reached at 1-541-459-5173 by old industry
friends/researchers wanting more information.

Sincerely,

Dee A. Lusby

Looking for last minute shopping deals?