Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:25:33 -0400
On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 2:38 AM, Ghislain De Roeck <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Did we already have this one on this subject:
>
> http://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22292570

Actually, that is what started the discussion. In essence the study has
discovered that if you want to kill bees have them fly through pesticide
clouds.

Randy's post has lots of good links on the issue and the jury is way out on
this either being a problem or not, but most of the research favors the not.

Interesting that these insecticides are the safer replacement for
organophosphates which harm people and bees. I never really have seen any
major complaint about organophosphates on this list other than my repeated
issue with them, including cumaphose which beekeepers put in their
colonies. They are really bad.

Also interesting that a beekeeper started the whole thing by stating that
his bees died of pesticide poisoning on CBS (60 minutes), which has since
been shown to be incorrect. So, so far, the entire issue has been built on
a falsehood.

Also interesting that if you really dig into the banning of Imid in France,
you find a lot more politics than science and favoring of French pesticide
manufacturers (who did have bee kills but that was not a problem) at the
expense of (literally) their neighboring German manufacturers (who were
blamed, and still are, for every bee that died in France).

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine