From:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2011 12:42:55 +1000
>>am a little surprised that you don't have Acarine that I would have
>> expected to have been exported from the UK a century or so ago.

>I also find it surprising.  Also not in New Zealand.

Australia didn't import queens from the UK that I know of.  We don't use
mellifera mellifera.  We got most of our stock from Italy or some of the
other European countries for caucasian and carniolan.  Also many from the
USA.  We stopped importing from the USA and other countries as open stock
about 1983.  All stock then went through the quarantine system which will
not allow acarine in as only grafted larvae are allowed out of the
quarantine station.  So I am not surprised we don't have acarine.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA

database 6425 (20110831) __________

http://www.eset.com