From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2011 15:29:17 -0500
>If you think you have a method that saves bees and you don't share it, you
miss the point of free discussion on the internet. It isn't to spread gossip
and rumor, but to get the word out.

The word is nosema ceranae has been implicated since the start with CCD. In
100% of the first samples.

Higes ( Spain) has made the statement (although disputed *in my opinion*
because if all CCD was caused by was varroa PMS combined with N.c then
nothing new and hard to get new funding) that the die off in the U.S. was
caused by nosema ceranae.

Regardless of those which say to me "Do not believe your lying eyes" in most
of the die off cases I look at I *always* find some hives with high levels
on N.c and signs of high levels of varroa.

And with both high varroa loads & high nosema ceranae spore loads these do
not happen overnight.
Its hard to get a good varroa kill these days and if you ignore N.c both can
slip up on even the best beekeepers.

Back to the bee yards!

bob