From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 08:03:29 -0600
Hello Ron & All,
I believe Dutch Gold is the largest packer in the U.S. (if not close to).
Can you see the profit level if a pound of 60 cent honey got accidently
placed in a jar of $12 organic honey.

Also I would bet the Dutch Gold "organic" honey has been processed by Dutch
Gold. Heated & pressure filtered.

Taking the organic issue in front of packers was never smart as one can see
by Ron's post. They want the whole market. We can't compete except on a
small local level. Which we had (as Bill pointed out)before the idiots
wanting to make a federal case went public.

I doubt Dutch Gold has a buck twenty invested in the "organic honey". Japan
has shown America how to sell high until the market softens and then sell
reasonable. Exactly what Dutch Gold is doing in my opinion.

Notice nothing is said about the Dutch Gold "organic" product except the
word "organic".

EXACTLY LIKE I SAID ON BEE-L SEVERAL YEARS AGO IT WOULD BE DONE BY LARGE
PACKERS. All they want is the word.

At our market a long time certified organic grower got fed up with the local
organic group. He was an organic farm inspector for years. He is not saying
what upset him.\

He now has a huge sign on his truck and banner which says :
" biodynamic"
A step above organic

Could our next move be to Biodynamic honey ( a step above organic honey)?
or
Working our bees according to the Farmers almanac dates.

I believe the above former organic inspector saw violations being done in
organic farming and was pressured to look the other way. So he quit. I think
using the word biodynamic is to prove a point to his former organic grower
buddies. They don't talk now and they used to always be talking.

Our booths are across from each other but he is smart enough to know to keep
quiet if he wants to keep what happened secret. So far he has kept his
secret but as time goes on I expect he will tell the story and we all will
know what happened.

Bob