Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 08:25:44 -0500
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Please keep in mind, thesis research is expected to meet established
> standards for conducting experiments, reporting, etc.? We also stress that a
> scientist should not pick a conclusion, then go shopping for facts to
> support the conclusion.

One major problem is ethics in science, as well as all society. Truth is
dismissed it conflicts with what we want or believe.

I appreciated your comments.

The problem with humor is that humorless people do exist and will take what
you say at face value. Humor always has an element of truth. Because it
does, it can puncture the balloon of pomposity and self-righteousness and
you will get a reaction.

You were kind to try and comfort those whose balloon's popped.

But, occasionally, it is enjoyable to watch them splutter.

Bill Truesdell (researchers are still looking for additional beekeepers on
which to test cocaine - thanks to those who have participated so far.
Unfortunately your posts reflect it but you do dance well.)
Bath, Maine (where seriousness reigns)