From:
Predrag Cvetkovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 22:04:35 +0100
Dee, thanks a lot for your kind response.
I find your answers extremely interesting and so important and useful to
every
beekeeper. I see I am not ready to make more question now, it would be
better for me to look at your book on beesource.com again.
Only two remarks now.

Dee wrote:
> 14. Early and pre-flow build-ups: Early strong brooding
> using stored honey/pollen prior to first blooms, instead of
> building up only when first blooms start, with good
> reworking of comb cells for storage shifts and/or brood.

Predrag's reply:
One very big and very experianced elderly beekeeper (for our conditions
800-1000 hives is a big number), Ivan Vener, says: If I could order a queen
when to start laying after winter, I would order her to start as late as it
is possible (of course, not  in April :) my remark ). Could you tell me your
opinion about that, please? Our bees are Carniolan.

Dee wrote:

> Now list for the bad:
>

> 2. Cluster ability and fanning ability: Not able to cluster
> as a single unit, excessive consumption of stores, poor
> movement as needed during winter, and not able to dry
> nectar adequately during hot weather, and not able to keep
> brood cool and humidified properly hot weather.

Predrag's reply:
Several years ago I perceived very noticeable difference in thickness of
capped honey between one hive and all others. Cells were well capped in all
hives, but honey was with very high percentage of water only in that hive,
not in others. It was very interesting experience.
 I remember, I imputed that to bees (queen) and decided to eliminate/change
that queen.

Best regards
Predrag