From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 08:35:40 -0500
On 16 Dec 98, at 23:34, Andy Nachbaur wrote:

In a fair and just society any court will allow a rebuttal and another view of the
accusations presented, and there are always two sides to every
coin. Andy had his opportunity now I would like my turn, in spite of
veiled threats to me privately.

> I do not make the news and I realize much of what is reported about
> beekeepers, beekeeping and honeybees is slanted, with half truths and
> mixed with a few big lies thrown together to get you to buy

Say it longer, louder and often enough, half truths and downright
lies become the truth, that's not reporting, that's propaganda .

> The information I reported on Chinese honey imported into Canada and
> transhipped to the US is a matter of public record and I believe this not
> only harmed the US honey producer but also the Canadian Honey producer
> some who may have been so involved to deny it ever happened or to realize
> that with the short time the price of honey was high in the US, an
> important market for many beekeepers from countries other then Canada,

Conjecture, there is no proof. I believe what happened was some packers
were quick off the mark and took advantage of higher prices.
 Is that wrong?

> A few others may have been involved in supplying the Canadian Honey
> involved in the blending and do not want to admit it. I did not have to
> add anything to this story as the facts are clear for anyone who is
> interested enough to read them and has been reported by others with no
> different conclusion then what I have found and reported myself.

Blending honey, here in Canada possibly has a different meaning than
down there. Here we take less than best, blend it with the best to
get an acceptable product, most manufacturers do it. Common
practice, but not illegal, but not declaring the addition of non-
Canadian honey is a punishable offence.

> Much more information can be found on this subject by searching out the
> CIA or US Embassy and Station Reports for Honey and Canada and reading
> them. I can provide them but I don't want to have everyone thinK I am
> anti-Canadian honey producer just because of a small 5-10 thousands metric
> tons of Chinese Honey transhipped to the US when it is just 5-10 thousand
> metric tons less of honest Canadian Produced Honey that was not shipped in
> seceding years or that will be shipped at much lower prices.

Hardly a small amount by any standard, that would take a packer
or packers of some size to handle that amount.Strange we can't
find the alleged culprit?
''much lower prices' might just be the reason for all this bruh ha ha.
You obviously are unaware of what has happened to our Canadian
dollar, thanks to the predatory efforts of the currency speculators.
"Our dollar now trades at 65 cents US" now it doesn't take a
brilliant mind to work out that our exports are now 40% (relatively)
cheaper. We are not selling it cheaper, to get rid of it, your dollar
just buys more.Don't blame us for this, we can't be blamed for
speculating in our own currency!
        Should we then stand back and not sell to the US because our
low dollar allows us, what you consider to be an unfair advantage?
        In all of this, I hear no critisism of the US packers who
supposedly bought this alleged, illegal and adulterated blended
honey, and I don't suppose we will.
                Finally, I would request, stop bashing Canada, we really
don't deserve it!

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, Canada.
Phone (705)326 7171 Fax (705)325 3461
David Eyre, Owner
e-mail<[log in to unmask]>