Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2012 01:16:29 GMT
From: Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>

>>... My daughter had it [package of bees] on her lap on the front seat...a Mazda RX7 sports car....

>Right. And it never occurred to you that if you got into a fender bender and the air bag went off the package would have been crushed and your daughter would have been stung hundreds of times ...

Where is Paul Harvey when you need him?

I think we can all agree that moving bees in an enclosed car is less than ideal...I do it all the time, not owning a truck...and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

This reminds me of the riddle about the car wreck...a father and son are in a bad car wreck...the father dies at the scene and the son is airlifted to the hospital.  The surgeon is about to operate, but sees the child's face and exclaims, "I can't operate on this child, he is my son".  Of course the surgeon is the child's mother (a woman), and the riddle is designed to make us aware of our own biases and assumptions.

In this case, the daughter is an 18 year old adult who works with the bees alongside her mother.  It was a rather long trip, and the other available vehicles were guzzlers.

It is a very good point that an airbag can be dangerous when bees are involved (had one go off in my face one time...like being punched), and that transporting bees in a car is far from ideal under any circumstances...but are there any bee-l readers that haven't transported bees in a car?

deknow