Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2010 23:53:40 -0700
Bob, I suspect you are blaming the wrong person for the poor management statement.

It is not unusual for reporters to follow a quote with something that the person being quoted never stated: by reducing what was said to something with an entirely different meaning.

Had Denis Anderson blamed poor management I would have expected a sentence like:

  "That's peculiar because I found out in round-about ways (the review) was
  about colony collapse disorder," said Dr Anderson, an expert on the
  phenomenon of bee die-offs, and who attributes colony collapse disorder
  to poor management.

The association to Denis Anderson is by closeness in the text and not attribution.

You wrote:

  "*In my opinion* the two standout factors with CCD is nosema ceranae
  present in above what I considered correct levels and wide spread
  through out the apiary and varroa control higher than what I consider
  a low varroa load."

A reporter pushing to meet copy limitations could well reduce your explanation to "CCD is caused by poor management", and justify doing so on the basis that CCD does not occur in an apiary where good management keeps varroa and nosema under control, like Bob Harrison does.