From:
Leonard Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2015 18:11:49 -0500
Hi all

Actually, this article is an excellent example of really terrible, sensationalistic journalism. We are not proposing to do any genetic modification of bees. We are looking for genetic and proteomic correlates of various traits and then will use those to guide a selective breeding process. As to whether we can find those correlates, we actually already have found some for hygienic behaviour and are using those in selective breeding now. We don't know if we will find any for the other traits we will be examining but that is why one does research in the first place.

The choice of title for this article demonstrates a complete lack of any journalistic integrity. Headlines should at least be linked to the subject matter.

Leonard