Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2017 08:29:29 +0000
________________________________
We heard Prof Woyke talk at the Australisian Bee Congress 1988.
 He suggested that the bees chewing off the tasal pads was the main cause of supersedure and suggested that we give the queen somewhere she could retire to where the bees can't get at her.

Wooden cages were good but plastic cages needed to have tape across half the open area.  Best tip we heard at the congress and has been used many times, even when introducing queens.

Frank Lindsay
Wellington NZ