From:
Brian Tamboline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 02:35:52 -0500
Things to test, research to do:
What varroa treatment rotation exhibits maximum efficacy?
What varroa treatment rotation exhibits maximum efficacy vs cost?
What new varroa chemical treatments are in the pipeline and estimated efficacy?
Who is testing the above treatments? Ok, not a real research question....noted in 2016 report from Alberta Apiarist
What is the best protocol for a back-yarder/sideliner to treat / feed / supplement on a calendar/ seasonal basis. Give us a protocol!
Tired of hearing about newbees being the source of Varroa bombs, what's the protocol! I treat! I'm a newbee.
Ok, superbees! Keep it going Randy, I need guidance here. I am paying attention. How 'defined/ refined' do we go for local stocks?
A strain (probably mongrel) that makes it through one winter? 3 winters? Max production or just survivability? Protocol?
Sorry, lots to absorb in a short beekeeping career. Any advice/ guidance/ tips are always appreciated. Best regards to you,
Brian T
West-Central Alberta