From:
Hank Mishima <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 11:50:51 -0700
What is your relationship with this company?  I am not sure they are
that great of a friend of the small farmer or beekeeper.  What have they
done to insure that our bees will not be affected by the pollen from
their new bt crops and/or terminater seed crops.

Many around the world are now refusing to let theses new technologies in
their country because they feel that their has not been enough
scientific review of potental disasters that could occur if gene spliced
characteriistics mutate accross different plants or more importantly, if
pests become resistant and stronger to these genetically manipulated
(GM) foods.  Are you sure you want to have to rely on this company and
maybe one or two others for all your food needs?

I believe we need to take a much more conservative approach to the
concepts being put forth earnestly by the biotech companies.  We are
entrusting them them with an enormous responsibility,  If any mistakes
made have the potential to starve many people.

Do a simple engine search on the company and you can find out for
yourself how others feel about the related issues.