From:
Rod Billett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 08:43:49 -0400
Andrew,
      Your post asked for more information on hive products made from
materials other than wood.  My only experience is with Wooden Hive
materials, but on the Web I ran across Per-Olof Gustafssons' (Of Sweden),
interesting web page:

http://www.algonet.se/~beeman/

If you go to this web site, then click on the 'How it all started' button.
  Within the text of the page,
you will see a link to Styrofoam.  Apparently they are High Density
Styrofoam, and from the
pictures on his web site, it looks like he uses a lot of them.  (But I dont
 think they are rodent
proof - Check out the picture of the badger Damage to a hive)

The Manufacturer is

LP:s Biodling
Torstensbyn 14
S-661 94 S

  äffle Sweden   His web page is pretty interesting. I'd recommend surfing through his       pages.       Hope this Helps   Rod Billett   Lexington, SC USA