From:
Steve Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 11:44:26 -0400
Dee Lusby said:  “Any way, you show me another person with over 25 years
doing this in USA and other running clean and on a sustainable system”

That’s kind of the point here, Dee.  That statement would indicate that
there is something kind of unique about you and your situation.  We all
know that you are one of a kind, Dee.  The question I have is more along
the lines of just what is it that I can take from your unique situation to
apply to my situation which is a lot different.  If it is true that a lot
of your success is due to environmental factors that don’t apply to me, or
heaven forbid, to the dreaded AHB’s resistance to varroa, then I’m thinking
it is less likely that what works for you is going to work for me.  That is
why I would like to see a more comprehensive and rigorous analysis of just
what factors are at play in your operation that make it work for you.  If a
big part of it is AHB then I’m out.   Also, I don’t have the luxury of any
degree of isolation from other beekeepers, if that is a contributing factor
in your situation.  Everyone knows it is always raining up here in the
Pacific N.W. (Not really, but we like everyone to think that it is.)  My
bees are always fighting the dampness, though.  On the other hand I am sure
you have environmental stresses that your bees have to deal with that mine
don’t, such as desert heat.
   I have nothing but respect and admiration for your accomplishments as a
beekeeper, Dee.  You are one of the greats.  I get a sore back just
thinking about it.  You are a better man than I.  I mean a better woman.
No wait, that didn’t come out right either.  Any way, keep it up for
another twenty five.

Steve Noble