From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2018 18:21:53 -0400
> But, right now I think it is a mostly hobby beekeeper
> use because it is labor intensive

The approach does not "scale" only because the vaporizers on the market are
utter junk, where the mass of a hunk of metal is the only "temperature
stabilizer", and the heat-up time is unacceptably long.

When you figure that OA starts to sublime at about 315 F to 370 F (and you
want this, you don't want it to "boil"), it does not take too long to work
out that thinner wires in a coil heat up faster than thicker ones, find a
standard battery pack or rechargeable gel-cel, and wind a little heating
coil  that you can regulate with a thermostat.  The math is not too hard,
there are even online tools, like this one:
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html

And there are low-cost thermostats already set for temps like 315 F, here's
one
https://www.ebay.com/itm/T-O-D-36TMH01-THERMOSTAT-315-F-157-C-/322891873612
https://tinyurl.com/yay6k54l

or 320 F...  you can pick whatever target temp you like
https://www.amazon.com/Normal-Thermostat-Temperature-Thermal-Switch/dp/B00ED
MJN4K
https://tinyurl.com/yac2jg9v

So, the control circuitry is pretty simple for the DYI beekeeper - a "series
circuit".

Or, with a little fiddling you could  leverage the temperature produced by a
higher-end "vaping" device, which wants to go to 365 F, which at the high
end, but still within the sublimating range for Oxalic:
https://www.vapecritic.com/xmax-starry/

Problem is, I'm not going to try and make and sell them, a couple of fellows
from Canada tried to market a thermostat-regulated oxalic vaporizer years
ago, and everyone yawned.

But you CAN vaporize your Oxalic as fast as you might remove a cover and
peak at a hive.

And this is not rocket science - it is a technical problem almost identical
to that solved in many different ways by those who "freebased" cocaine
decades ago, and that temp was 368.6 F.   I think a creative group like
beekeepers should be able to do better than a bunch of cokeheads could in
the late 1970s.

Just now on approach to LaGuardia, and the Mets (11 and 1!) game starts at
7, and it is even a fireworks night!... glad I'm not flying into JFK!