From:
Marianne Brosseau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 1995 09:49:25 +0000
      I just joined your list to ask if anyone could help
me with a problem friends are having with a bee
infestation in their home. They are particularly concerned because they
have a newborn baby in the house.

       They live in Hyde Park NY.  Yesterday they found
several live bees inside the house on the first floor.
They found several 'holes' in the outside of the house,
and can hear bees buzzing inside the walls.

        They called an extermination who inserted
some type of dry powder in the holes.   He said
that the bees would eat this and die.

        Could anyone tell them if this is an effective
treatment for getting rid of the bees?    Is there
any type of treatment they could use themselves
if they still observe bees rather than re-calling
the exterminator?    Is this treatment safe to use
around a newborn?

        They and I will very much appreciate any
assistance you can give.

Marianne

-- Marianne Brosseau