From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 May 2015 15:33:09 -0400
> why muddy the discussion by equating it with your "amusing" straw man "Africanized preserve."

This is the same argument the Lusbys used for years. Why confuse people by stating that the varroa resistance of their "small bees" was due to Africanization. I don't know, but they probably still think their bees are not Africans.

Look, I don't care if they are or they aren't. But I think it's unrealistic to suggest that bees surviving in the wild in the southern states aren't at least partly Africanized. Why wouldn't they be?

I think the cat got out the bag years ago, those genes are in every state by now. In New York, it's against the law to have them, but whether you do or don't is pretty hard to prove.

On the other hand, bees that sting everything within a hundred yard radius aren't really suitable for urban or suburban beekeeping. They'd be fine out in some remote desert location, I'm sure.

PLB