From:
Charles Frederic Andros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 01:02:48 -0400
    I use slatted racks on all hives to increase use of bottom brood chamber
(honey bridge is equal front and back, with lots of brood), reduce swarming
(due to increased cluster space), and eliminate gnawing  of comb and
propolizing next to entrance.  It also eliminates ladder comb which makes
reversing a breeze!
    I wouldn't bee without them!
Charles Andros