Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 18:03:22 +0000
 I am thinking of building an insulated Brick built hive shelter either
underground or set into a bank or the face of a cliff ) in the mountains of
Southern France.

The winter temperature drops to minus 20 Centigrade whereas the Summer
temperature rises to more than 40'C.

The motive in doing this is to keep the hive safe from the roaming cattle
and horses which use this part of the world as rough grazing. I would not
want them to knock the hives over in my absence.

Any comments on Keeping hives underground ?

David Warr
Warrington
Cheshire
Northern England