From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2015 07:18:19 -0700
>Some on this list in the midwest USA say there's no neonic problem there.
OK, while that counts as hearsay (no published data AFAIK), I will accept
that some beekeepers in the midwest are happy with their bees and the
agriculture around their bees.

I appreciate you pointing out the obvious Charlie--the NASS publishes
plenty of data.  A curious investigator can also speak with each state's
apiarist, who will candidly (to me at least) confirm the fact.

On the other hand, published, the majority of peer reviewed  honey bee
research papers include in their introduction a parroting of the myth that
the honey bee population is in decline (presumably to justify their
research).

My point is that in some instances, scientists are  propagating myths in
the literature, while lay beekeepers have a much better grasp of the
facts.  I find this unfortunate, since this continues to fuel media
sensationalism, and leads the public to mistrust scientists.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA