From:
Lauri Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2017 12:19:08 -0500
It's hard to ask a general question, because first of all, there is always the obvious answer.  ( IE, why is migratory beekeeping so hard on bees) Then there will be  many different answers that may all be right, depending on circumstances. Asking the question is too generalized. The easy answer is not to be migratory. But that's not an option, so folks look further.

So you get down to detailed, more specific  questions. Generally, are there any questions that can be asked that will be able to have a definitive answer for all, since so many apiaries are in such different circumstances? There are just So many variables.

I  ask myself  questions, especially after the end of each season,  about my own apiary and come up with ways to  make it more efficient, run better.

 But even if others have the same issues, their fixes may be very different than mine.

Still asking questions, solving problems and sharing info is beneficial, as long as folks remember to apply it, adjust it for their own situation. Everyone generally knows this, but that fact is HUGE, and often not taken as seriously as it should be I think.

Ask anyone who is passionate about their work, their sport, their ability. They'll all tell you something a little different as to what they attribute their success to. It all boils down to the details. Details many folks don't even know exist. Details that change with each situation and have to be modified in some ways to make them work for others.

Ask a wood worker how he applies a finish. Can he tell you how deep he wants the grain to look? How he wants the wood to feel under his hands? How much pressure he uses when sanding? SO many things are done by instinct, how they feel, because you have experience, they are just done until they are 'right'. Hard to relay your methods when you may not even realize some of the little things you are doing.

With the forums these days, every question possible I think has been asked. What is interesting, if you can sort through all the bla bla bla answers, is the ONE answer with a  spark of ingenuity that occasionally comes through. You latch onto it. Modify it. Put it to use.

It's the inventive solution to increase success in many areas, not just answer a single question.

[IMG]http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/tweety4926/2016%20bees/P5230201_zpsjez5cjze.jpg[/IMG]