Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:35:36 -0400
>we sleep the whole hive plus the virgin

You have mentioned this before, and I think we are familiar with the concept, but most of us have never done it.  Knowing about something and knowing how to do that same thing are very different.  It helps to get the small details from a master. (That's you).

Could you please explain in detail how you do it?

What is already in the smoker
How much ammonium nitrate to add
How to know when things are right to puff
How much to smoke the hive and when to stop
How to know when they are 'asleep'
How long they take to recover
Any adverse effects
What happens if you use too much
Do the bees lose their sense of location?
Any mortality?

Thanks!