From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 06:52:38 -0600
>   I have been thinking of making some form of screen box to fit in an
> extractor and spin out the cappings. Am I reinventing the wheel?

The idea works really well.  I made some boxes about 16" x 20" and about 6" deep
years ago when I was only running a few hundred hives.  I used 3/4" pine with 8
mesh hardware cloth bottoms held on by 1/2 X 3/4" slats and had good success.  I
can't recall if I used several cross pieces under the bottoms for reinforcement
or not, but that is likely a good idea.

You need an even number of the boxes to balance one another in the extractor, of
course.

allen
---
A Beekeeper's Diary: http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Diary/
Package bees, winter loss, fondant, Pierco vs. Permadent vs. dark comb,
unwrapping, splitting, raising queens, AFB, varroa, protein patties, moving
bees, pollination experiences, daily mumblings and more... Thousands served...