From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:13:07 -0800
Hello,

I found the original source for the article I read yesterday morning, which contained two interesting items not shown in the article previously submitted.

Scare over bottles of honey shuts down California airport
http://www.seattlepi.com/national/413857_honey05.html

They mention in the article that when TSA agents opened one of the bottles and tested the contents, the resulting fumes nauseated them. They both were treated and released at a local hospital.

I wonder how the smell honey can make someone nauseated, unless its psychological or placebo effect?  Or perhaps the method of "testing" they used created fumes?

They also plan to run tests on the honey to see if the smoke beekeepers use to subdue the insects could have triggered the false positive test.

I wonder what in honey could trigger a false positive?

Best Wishes,
Joe