From:
Carmenie Stemmler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:47:06 -0400
Hello,

I have a problem and I hope someone can help me!

On June 1  I went to look at a neighbors hive.  It had about a dozen
supersudure cells.  I cut some this morning, June 2, and placed them in
cylinderical wire cages.  They will hatch this morning and this afternoon,
some hatched while I was there.  I want to put them in double nucs and mate
them.  Just sortof for fun and to see  what happens.  I know I should be
using known stock, but...

I shook the bees out of the top box of the hive, put a excluder under it and
the brood frames back in it.  The bees then came up.  I took the center
frame out and placed the cages in there standing on end.  I want to leave
them there til June 4.  Can I?  Will the bees care for them?  How do I
introduce them to the bees?  What should I put in the nucs?

Comments, corrections, etc...   I am listening, reading rather.  Thanks for
your help.

Carmenie