From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2016 08:52:46 -0500
Charlie, what constitutes "good results"? Did you check for brood damage and mite reduction? My reading of your post was an application of 40ml +/- on the bottom box of doubles 3 times a week apart, right? What kind of temps do you have then? Approx. colony size (frames of brood) and estimated mite load before treatment? Any other info is much appreciated.

Sorry for the delay Paul, busy week.      Yes  brood damage was checked for,   bottom box of 1 1/2  not doubles.   Same dosage for singles.  Colony size varied a lot,  from completely full to 5 frames.  Average being around 9 frames of bees.     Immediate difference in pierced cappings and visual mites.  Brood patterns cleaned up quickly.   Before hand mite checks were horrible  lots of 10/15 per 300  a few in the 30 range.    Post checks not done yet.  Too much other stuff going on.  Will start spot checks shortly.  Some yards were done 4 times.   Will wait and determine if I see a difference in mite counts between 3 and 4 applications.

Question for the group,  I put in 300 new packages this weekend. (yes I know its fall)   Seems to me if I catch them before brood,  a single shot of Formic meat pad should clean them right up?  Any thoughts?

Charles