From:
Dr Max Watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 15:08:58 +0000
Thanks for your kind words, Chris, glad you enjoyed the talk.

Apistan and Bayvarol are indeed based on similar pyrethroid molecules -
tau-fluvalinate in Apistan and flumethrin in Bayvarol. The mode of
action on mites is the same and both molecules are very "safe" for
honeybees, in the dosage used in the respective formulations.

However, the two preparations are formulated differently and the release
profile is not then identical. I have seen how the Bayvarol strip
behaves, and it's not like Apistan. The overall effect does seem to be
the same, with a high mite kill after a 6-8 week treatment.

One treatment for Apistan is 2 strips/hive and for Bayvarol 4 strips/
hive. If less strips are used, the efficacy reduces dramatically.

Best regards,

Max

In message <[log in to unmask]>, CSlade777 <[log in to unmask]>
writes

--
Dr Max Watkins