From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 20:49:50 -0400
Tom - I have a small home yard do the robbing. With 1000 + colonies, I
have a lot of supers to rob. Last year I averaged 140 lbs on three nucs
started in may. This year I have 7 colonies to do the job. Took 180 lbs
off one, and 120 of most of the rest. I like going to the yards with dry
combs - never any robbing. It's amazing how much honey is saved that
would otherwise be wasted. Any AFB would be isolated to the home yard,
though I've yet to see any here. Mike