From:
Mason Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mason Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 13:49:33 -0400
I have seen the copper type dish pads used in smokers this year.  They are
held in place at the tip of the smoker by a nail which has been driven through
the tip of the smoker and through the copper pad inside the tip.  The nail is
held in place by some thin wire which wraps around the end of the nail on the
outside of the smoker and goes over the top of the tip and wraps around the
other end of the nail sticking out the other side.

I was told this is a good thing to do to your smoker.  It collects residues of
the what is being burned in the smoker and it keeps the bees from getting
burned by flames that come out of the tip of the smoker from over zelous
bellows pumping when fuel gets low.

Mason Harris
Burlingame, CA
E-Mail: