From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:08:27 -0500
Eric Brown wrote:

> Lest I commit the crime of “trashing," what do you all think I should and
> should not say, and how can I say it?  Is there any answer to this question
> short of telling me to abandon any defense of or outspoken belief in
> organic/pseudo-organic production?

In essence, what you are saying is that all other honey, except organic,
is suspect. The customer hears this, informs others and no one buys
honey from any other source. Eventually, only organic honey is left to
buy. Or they just do not buy it since honey is "bad". A broad brush is
hard to control.

Lab tests show there is no difference between organic and other honey
when managed properly. Hence, you are not telling the truth. There are
irresponsible chemical and irresponsible organic beekeepers. Purity and
truth does not reside on one side. Hence, yes, your outspoken belief is
founded only on the assumption that the organic group is the singular
repository of truth, justice and the American way.

Unfortunately, sin is universal.

So what should you say? Let your honey do the talking. That is what I
do. It says more than I ever can.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine