From:
Dave Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2010 16:25:57 -0500
But we have a long way to go...

A judge has given a Christmas present to our threatened pollinators in the
form of a reversal of an EPA decision to approve a new pesticide that may
endanger them.

The EPA did not follow proper procedures in approving the application for
this pesticide, ignoring the rules to provide for public comment and testing
for safety for the bees. As of January 15, all of this product must be
removed from sale, until the EPA goes through the proper legal channels to
ensure that this will not endager the bees.

I've written an editorial on the surprise win in court against the EPA at my
blog. Perhaps the tide is turning; I hope so; but I have some suggestions as
to where we need to go.

I welcome comments.

Dave Green
http://pollinator.info/blog/