Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2015 19:04:04 -0500
....  Evidently this 'naive groups' understanding of marketing and brand is a bit thin and they are also incapable of considering the potential down side of the changes they prepose.  ...

When I attended a legislative committee meeting in 2011 regarding the proposed changes in the Illinois State regs on selling honey, one senator asked the half dozen representatives of the department of health for information on the past problems presented by honey sold in the state.  They looked at each other, at the floor, began making a few notes... but when they were pushed for an answer, they said that in their memory there had never been a problem with locally produced honey in Illinois or any nearby states.  Except for the admonition for not feeding honey to infants, they could not name a potential harmful reaction to local honey.  As long as we avoid imported honey (not covered by new Illinois law) the risk seems miniscule.  I do not see a down side to not regulating something that is not in need of regulating.

Larry Krengel